Slider

2015...Thanks for growing me...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Five days into 2016. I woke up one morning and did my daily scroll session. I came across a tweet about Myleik Teele's (creator of CurlBox/mytaughtyou.com) podcast 'What To Leave in 2015'. I totally forgot to listen to it when she originally posted it, so the tweet was a reminder. And I opened it up right on time!! While I listened, something gave me the confirmation to go ahead and gather my own list of things to leave in the year of 2015. I was in my hometown (Cleveland baby, baaaaby) when I started this post-relaxed and chilled. I just went through a brief shift- losses if you will- but moving forward, I see exactly why they had to happen. Actually that shift is a piece of the inspiration for this post! Now that I'm back in H-Town, my mind/spirit is back on track, and I'm preparing for what's up next!

There are ALOT of things that I personally will be leaving behind for good and not just because a new year is coming. 2015 was eye opening, full of love, had some extreme rough patches that I didn't think I would get through, new friendships blossomed, people/places/things came and went, and overall I did some growing- a crap load of growing. So here's a tad bit of what I will be leaving behind::

1. Not handling my funds properly- credit score included

2. Fixing dead relationships (friends, associates, etc) trying to figure out what went wrong

3. Taking on other people's problems/emotions without looking at my own first

4. Accepting EXCUSES & JUSTIFICATIONS from anyone

5. Getting in my own way

6.  Expecting...anything from anybody

7. NOT speaking up when I need something

8. Not giving myself enough credit

9. Not having balance

10. Taking it personal if other people don't see situations the way that I see them


These are the most important things I decided to let go of. My sanity is so much more important than anything else (outside of being a mother). I've decided to get back to SHERECE (yes, that is my government)...there have been way too many times where I put others before myself, and it's mainly because I'm a nice person with a huge heart. While I won't let anything I went through towards the end of 2015 harden my heart (thx Deneka lol), I WILL be alot more aware and alot more cautious; I will listen to my instincts the 1st go 'round. Everything that occurred last year has made me stronger, wiser, and I know I have a helluva lot of character. IDK how, but it's calmed my spirit too...GINORMOUS PLUS.

I hope this encouraged somebody to sit down and make their own lists of what they're gonna let go of and leave behind for a better them!!

Thanks for reading, Happy New Year and remember



1 comment:

  1. Well, out with the old and in the with new! *raises glass of champagne* Cheers to a better New Year!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan