Slider

Women Making History Series: DeNeka

Wednesday, March 7, 2018


Y'all say heeeeeeeey to DeNeka! She's one of those extremely RARE and RAW people that you just have to hold on to once you find them. I really believe her heart is made of pure gold, as cliche as it sounds. She's a gem, a good luck charm, an encyclopedia, and a shot of tequila all wrapped together. She's a fighter, trust me when I say she comes out on top with EVERYTHING she does. Anything she touches turns into a masterpiece. She's a perfectionist, and I say that with the utmost respect. She does not let any negativity or any defeats define who she is as an individual, but most importantly as a woman.

The most important thing in DeNeka's life is her daughter Jazmin. She makes sure that her baby girl is shown daily how to take life by the horns and still keep it classy. That's one of the many things I admire about her. When I found out I was pregnant with my youngest daughter, I asked her to be her Godmother. Not only did she accept, she also took on my other 2 daughters as her God babies! If that ain't love then I don't know what love is! She's physically seen me and been there for me in some of my darkest hours, it's more than fitting that I'm there for her just as much. We've only known one another for 3 years, but it feels so so much longer. That's my dawg. Period. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

When I asked her what makes her most proud to be a woman, this was her reply:

"What makes me most proud to be a woman is our ability to be flexible. We get pulled in so many directions and juggle everything we have our hands in be it relationships, work, children, community, etc. We bend and try not to break until we are overwhelmed and overloaded. As women, we bare the weight of the world on our shoulders and bring life to everything we are needed in. "

That statement is truly the essence of DeNeka. Today, I honor you 💜

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan