Slider

...& we hate po-po... Wanna kill us dead in the street for sho'::

Thursday, July 7, 2016

More murders of African American men have taken place by the boys in blue. This takes me back to just 2 weekends ago when a friend of mine and myself were pulled over...by a white cop. Back up to even 2 weeks before that. I was pulled over by a black cop... Doing 70 in a 60. This cop was very calm, very easy to talk to (considering the fact I was being written a ticket). He properly stated his named, told me why I was being pulled over, and asked for my license and insurance. He even sped the process up because he saw my kids in the car and noticed we were hot. No angry tones, no sense of attitudes, no sense of fear. Now, fast forward to when my friend and I were pulled over. She was pulled over for the same thing, doing 70 in a 60. Her kids were in the car as well. She had Ohio tags on her car, so of course this was the initial reason as to why he chose us, out of all the vehicles going 75 and above. This cop, though, approached her waaaay differently. He stepped up to her vehicle and IMMEDIATELY began yelling at the top of his lungs "LICENSE & REGISTRATION NOW!!!" We looked at each other, then back at him. She handed him her license and asked me to get her insurance out the glove compartment. His body language was so unsure, his voice quivered as he yelled, and he kept his hand near his waist...near his gun. My friend then stated to him "you don't have to yell"... He yelled again, "I'M NOT YELLING" then checked his tone and quickly blamed it on passing traffic. I can't help but recant that situation as I see all the news stories, social media posts, and text messages and think 'damn that really could have been us'... Then I rethink if we were men, AND black, it would have been us!! 
 It makes me sick to my stomach to know that these cops are really claiming to be THAT afraid of us that they feel they HAVE TO kill us. At the same time it freaks me out! I've NEVER in all my 27 years of being on this Earth have ever felt threatened by someone because of the pigmentation of their skin. I am more threatened by actions. In the case of my friend being pulled over, there were no actions on her end. He was volatile...all because we were black! 
I think about my Daddy, my brother, my best friends, my cousins, my godson, my close friends... I think about every black male that has made an impact on my life as if it were them....because it very well could be. I'm exhausted with seeing it. I want to do something! Not just talk but REALLY organize something to make a difference and take the necessary steps needed to stop this nonsensical bullshit!! I hope this reaches someone, somewhere that feels the same passion and ACTUALLY want to be the change!!! I'm tired of it y'all!! We have to fight the right way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan