Slider

Women Making History Series: La'Torria

Sunday, March 11, 2018



Say a big HEEY to La'Torria!! 

This lady here is someone I would dub as a powerhouse. She has an insane work ethic, a pretty dope sense of style (especially when she wears anything with lemons on it, Lemon is her last name), and a certain presence of humility. I was afforded the opportunity to be behind the scenes of a couple of events here in Houston because of her. I believe the first press type of event I'd ever done was for Gospel artist Chad Brawley's album release party, I give many thanks to La'Torria for that. She has this uniqueness about her that can't be cloned even if you tried. TRUST ME. She keeps the same demeanor and grace with everything she puts her hands on- & there's been ALOT of events, people, places, and every other description of a noun there is that she's been involved in.

It's definitely a treat to watch La'Torria WERK, because of the way she commands the room with a smile. Overall, she's been a blessing to my life and in my writing. She's helped me see the other side and added onto my faith in myself in my journey of blogging. When I asked her what makes her most proud to be a woman, she stated:

"I am proud to be a woman because of the legacy of women. Women are strong, beautiful, talented, driven, multitaskers, go-getters, nurturers, and I could go on and on and on. The essence of a woman cannot be duplicated. Although at times being a woman can be tough, I find the beauty in being able to overcome difficulties, find my strength and continue to press forward. 

The woman I am today has a lot to do with other women who took the time to sow into me. When I think of strong women who have been influential in my process of life, I must acknowledge those that I've looked up to such as my mentors, Saptosa Foster, Shante Bacon, Stacey Lee, LaTesha Washington, Gaylin Josho, Kim Gagne and my Auntie Cheryl. In addition to my family, I take pride in knowing that my mentors and influential women in my life believe in me; therefore I strive to make them proud. It is a blessing to be able to gain strength from other strong women when I may become weak, but it is also a blessing to be able to sow into others. The things I've learned thus far has prepared me to be a mentor to dozens of other young women. Whether it's mentoring my pageant girls, mentoring high school students, or mentoring women within my industry, I love seeing women stick together and WIN! That alone makes me proud.

 Women all over the world, I'm proud of you. I may not know every woman in the world, but I can appreciate every woman. Take a moment today to show your appreciation to some of the special women in your life. #GirlPower"

Today, I honor you! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan