Slider

Women Making History Series: Kim (Isis)

Saturday, March 24, 2018





This is Kim. She also goes by Isis. Either way, say HEEEEY!!! 
Kim is the BOMB! The b-o-m-b! This woman is the one that will get you allllll the way togeva (yes, with a v), doing so with love. Isis and I "met" on Periscope lol. One day around the time Periscope had just started to pop, her scope came up in my feed so I decided to watch. It was herself and her crazy roommate/business partner Alton talking about relationships. After that, I followed her on every social media platform she had and made sure I interacted with her whenever she was on. Later on that year, Isis and her crew came to Houston to be apart of the Nzuri Natural Hair Expo. Meeting her was beyond everything!! Her spirit was and still is very contagious, it was warm, it was nurturing, it was a blessing.

When she speaks to you, be ready to change your life and your current state of mind because when she's done...you will NEVA be the same. She'll have you questioning yourself like 'Why didn't I think about it this way before??' You may cry too so just have some tissue on standby. Isis is extremely pro-black & pro-woman; from shopping with and shouting out black businesses to speaking to women at events all over, to writing and releasing her own book (find it here) to aid women in finding their inner peace. Isis is really the total package and doesn't bend, fold, flip-flop, or phony in anything she's ever done. It has been an honor to get to know someone like her.

I asked her what makes her most proud to be a woman. Her response: 


"I believe that our ability to cultivate vision makes me most proud to be a woman. Woman by nature can see the possibility and potential in others.  We take this ability and nurture it to help bring out the best in that being.  This is a strength that most women are unaware they even possess.  I call it the "Eve Effect".  Once you become aware of it, you understand its value.  Unfortunately, many sisters are expending this precious gift on people who are unworthy of our cultivation.  In my book, I discuss this in detail... basically Ladies, "put your chisel down!"  Stop giving so much of yourselves to build a man for someone else.  The man that requires that cultivating spirit will be YOUR Man, husband, someone who has proved their worth."



*Snap, Snap.* Today, I honor you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan