Slider

Women Making History Series: Lalita

Friday, March 30, 2018



Everybody say heeeey to Lalita!! 

Lalita has an AMAAAZIIIING heart with the spirit to match. She's the sweetest person to be around. We met through pure divinity, I can't even call it irony. I was going through a tough time and was contemplating suicide. My church, Higher Dimension, has this prayer feature on their site and I listed what I was feeling and going through. Lalita CALLED me, sat on the phone with me for quite some time, prayed for me, listened to me cry, spoke the most powerful word over my life, and even cried with me!! After that, I found her on Facebook and the rest is history.

Here's the reason why I stated that our connection is through the divine. At the time I was working at Whole Foods Market and this woman would come in, shop, and come through my line each and every time. We would talk and laugh about anything we could squeeze into a 7-minute window. One day (after the phone call I previously mentioned), the woman just randomly brought her daughter up and told me about a radio show she was doing about handling depression. She showed me her picture and y'all I had to excuse myself from my register and boo-hoo'ed because that was the same woman that prayed over me!!! I gave her mother the biggest hug after and explained to her that Lalita saved my life. That same week-ending Sunday at church, I walked in during altar prayer and ran straight to Lalita and sobbed!!!

God makes no mistakes. Lalita is a phenomenal woman, she has what I call a subtle strength because her words, the way she presents herself, just everything about her is so graceful, yet powerful!! She checks to make sure you're ok even when she may be going through it. I admired the way she's bounced back after her trying times. I love her so, so much. We'll be in one another's lives forever I can tell you that.

When I asked her what makes her most proud to be a woman, she said:



"As I ponder on the question of what makes me most proud to be a woman. I couldn't help but to think of the word, Carry. Webster defines the word: to support and move. Support the weight of. As a woman I was able to identify my strentgh by what I carried beyond my physical strength. I am proud to be a woman of who lives beyond natural eye sight but births purpose with spiritual insight. I'm proud of the Woman I've become."


Lalita, today I honor you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan